WHO WE ARE
LiveWire Sport is a BAFTA-winning content agency based in Chiswick, west London.
WHAT WE DO
Our clients include Premier League, Wimbledon, The England & Wales Cricket Board, Six Nations, ATP Media, ITF, FIFA, Inter Milan, Channel 4, The Jockey Club and Ascot Racecourse among many others.
Our services include creative and video content production, digital marketing campaigns, strategy, consultancy, full management of digital and social media platforms and commercialisation of digital platforms.
This year we launched our Diversity in Digital Mentoring Programme, a new initiative to engage a diverse range of talent throughout the UK, from under-represented groups in the sport and digital industries.
Although the company has doubled its full-time staff to over 40 in two years, we still retain our original start-up values from 2011 when the company was founded.
Fun, creative freedom and regular deadlines contribute to a busy, vibrant and sociable co-working office environment. Let’s face it - working in sport and digital = the dream combination. But working at LiveWire Sport is much more than that...
An Account Manager to lead our relationship with a well-known rugby client. The successful candidate will be the primary contact for LiveWire Sport and the client. Although the role will be largely office-based*, there will be an occasional need to work from other offices and, on occasion, travel to other locations.
- Oversee the development and growth of the client’s digital channels in accordance with KPIs, and help shape overarching strategy
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the required digital and social content and understanding how that content works in the context of the client’s rights, responsibilities and restrictions
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders across the sport and related industries, to coordinate approach for coverage and maximise opportunities
- Support creative processes, ensuring they are engaging and best-in-class while adhering to brand guidelines
- To lead reporting to the client on performance of content and advise of future direction based on results/analytics
- To enhance existing relationships with main social platforms
- To understand the publishing requirements for digital content for the client, and to plan and, on occasion, publish material
- Work with the the client to understand its business objectives and facilitate delivery/implementation with LiveWire colleagues working on client’s portfolio
- To present proposals, including cost schedules, to the client
- Provide quality assurance on digital communications
- Evaluate the effectiveness of campaigns to inform future ones
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will:
- Understand rugby union, and have both an appreciation of its existing core audiences, and a vision on how to ‘sell’ the game to new ones
- Have at least five years of experience planning content across editorial or paid social, web and/or CRM channels content
- Have first-class communication skills, and enjoy leading a part of a team
- Have a detailed knowledge of and enthusiasm for the digital sport industry in general and social media in particular
- Have experience of running sports-based digital channels
- Have an understanding of the requirements of running real-time social channels and the unique pressures and responsibilities that brings
- Have an understanding of organic and paid elements of social media channels and how they operate
- Show experience of building brands using high-quality creative and strong use of tone of voice guidelines
- Show experience of using social media from a strategic, content and commercial perspective
- Have a detailed understanding of digital and analytics and how to meaningfully interpret them
- Show a sound knowledge of the client, including its digital strategy and how that fits into the organisation's wider strategic goals
- Have strong contacts within the social media world
- Show experience of demonstrating initiative and confidence in dealing with a wide range of corporate stakeholders
- Have experience of giving presentations, and confidence to present to senior personnel
- Have an ability to consider and propose new ways of working to improve processes
- Have an understanding of working within a budget and allocating resources accordingly
- Show a positive attitude and willingness to go the extra mile
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunities to work at live sporting events depending on client campaigns, briefs and activation
- A competitive salary (based on experience) and company pension scheme
Please email your CV, a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role and salary expectations to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
In normal times this role would be conditional on the successful candidate working primarily alongside our wider team from our Chiswick offices.
During the Coronavirus pandemic we have advised staff to work from home unless travel is absolutely necessary: for example for those working on event coverage or with other specific requirements.
We look forward to when we can all work together in the same place: however the likelihood is this recruitment will be conducted remotely, and the successful candidate will require a suitable home-working environment, with a stable internet connection.