WHO WE ARE
LiveWire Sport is a BAFTA-winning content agency based in Chiswick, west London.
WHAT WE DO
Our clients include Premier League, Wimbledon, The England & Wales Cricket Board, Six Nations, ATP Media, ITF, FIFA, Inter Milan, Channel 4, The Jockey Club and Ascot Racecourse among many others.
Our services include creative and video content production, digital marketing campaigns, strategy, consultancy, full management of digital and social media platforms and commercialisation of digital platforms.
This year we launched our Diversity in Digital Mentoring Programme, a new initiative to engage a diverse range of talent throughout the UK, from under-represented groups in the sport and digital industries.
Although the company has doubled its full-time staff to over 40 in two years, we still retain our original start-up values from 2011 when the company was founded.
Fun, creative freedom and regular deadlines contribute to a busy, vibrant and sociable co-working office environment. Let’s face it - working in sport and digital = the dream combination. But working at LiveWire Sport is much more than that...
We are looking for a Social Media Lead, with a dual love for rugby and digital content. They will have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and emerging digital trends.
- Put our content strategy into action through innovation and social platform best practices
- Be on the pulse of emerging platforms and content trends
- Use real-time data to inform operational decisions
- Key to the creative content process, from ideation to publishing
- Develop and deliver long and short-term social media campaigns and initiatives
- Manage real-time and planned social media output across a variety of sports and clients, both during and outside of live events
- Lead on two-way communication between client accounts and its audience
- Researching and reporting for internal and external requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least three years’ experience working in a social media content role, ideally for an agency, sports rightsholder or media organisation
- First-class editorial judgement
- A proven track record of creative and innovative thinking
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of multiple social media platforms
- Obsessive knowledge of multiple sports, in particular rugby union
- An in-depth understanding of the digital and social media landscape
- Understanding and awareness of social media analytics, especially in helping to guide content strategy
- The ability to lead and set an example for others
- Have excellent written and verbal English skills
- The ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- The ability to work weekends, as well as evenings, and be flexible about working patterns
- Experience of using Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Pro, particularly around optimising content for social platforms
- Mobile content capture skills
- Additional languages proficiency
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunities to work at live sporting events depending on client campaigns, briefs and activation
- A competitive salary (based on experience) and company pension scheme
Please email your CV, a covering letter outlining your interest and suitability to the role and salary expectations to email@example.com. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
In normal times this role would be conditional on the successful candidate working primarily alongside our wider team from our Chiswick offices.
During the Coronavirus pandemic we have advised staff to work from home unless travel is absolutely necessary: for example for those working on event coverage or with other specific requirements.
We look forward to when we can all work together in the same place: however the likelihood is this recruitment will be conducted remotely, and the successful candidate will require a suitable home-working environment, with a stable internet connection.